While I appreciate that you’re trying to protect bloggers from unnecessary spam comments (and believe me, I appreciate that–those things are vile–and thank you WordPress for just chucking those automatically out of sight), this 2 word verification is really really annoying. Last week I was locked out of commenting on Mikhaela’s insightful post about cheap fabric no less than 10 times. I do not have time to do this. I have 2 kids. I’d much rather be playing with said kids, cooking, sewing, or reading about both. I assure you I’m not some robot that you’re convinced I am. Your blurry “words” are just impossible to read and waste everyone’s time.
**I kid you not, WordPress thinks I’m a robot too because it’s auto-saved this post 15 times in my post archive.
Julie apparently understands that I am not made of tin, because tin people can’t be versatile bloggers can they?
My rather fleshly self graciously accepts this award (thank you Julie!), and I’ll list 7 random things quite humanoid per the conditions of this award and pass on the bloggy love.
- Joanne Weir is my cooking hero. Love her.
- A day without a proper pot of tea is sad indeed.
- Ruth Reichl‘s prose is like a warm blanket. I want to eat at her house.
- If left to my own devices, I would probably have a completely aqua house.
- I make my own birthday cake every year because it’s fun.
- I’m a 5th generation strudel maker in this country and there were others before that. I’m plum proud of my apple strudel (apple proud?). Why have pie when you can have strudel?
- Saturday is pancake day in our house. My husband’s family makes waffles on Saturdays. My Mom bought me a waffle iron when we got married, but it died, and teflon creeps me out. Read Pancakes for Breakfast. It’s funny and makes the pancakes taste better.