I’m cheating on the sewalong because it’s allowed! My first item for the sew along is my skinny jeans. I already wrote about them here. I’m linking that post in the linky party at Girls in the Garden, but reposting the pictures on this post.
I will add that a wardrobe basic they certainly are. I’ve been wearing them nearly non-stop since I finished them. They work with boots, flats and every top in my closet. And I love the little details of the flaps and the purple topstitching.
Where can you get purple topstitched RTW jeans? Oh the reasons we sew!
Here’s the sewalong list and a quick list of how I’m adapting (some of the suggestions are not my taste) in italics:
1. Slim Black Pants (on the segment they called these ponte pants)–I have some gray RPL from Emma One Sock perfect for this because I have it and because I don’t do black.
2. Dark Skinny Jeans–check!
3. White button shirt–wrap shirt as I hate button-downs, and probably not white
4. Black turtleneck\–gray
5.Camel – khaki skirt–Boot wearer that I am, this would be a really useful piece.
6.Tie Waist Sweater–Yay! A cozy sweater to replace my stolen-stolen back 70’s sweater from my Mom? I’m so there!
7. Puffy Vest–I’m thinking about alternatives because I don’t understand adding bulk to one’s upper body
8. Faux Fur Vest\–I think I will make a jacket with a detachable fur collar for the same reason as the puffy vest reservations
9. Black Dress–in another segment of the Nate Show they had a knit print dress instead of an LBD, and I’ll probably go this route since I only do black dresses if I’m playing in an orchestra
I have bigger, more extensive ideas roughed out on one of my Pinterest boards.